Big Horn County School District #2 (Form B1): School Buildings Only
Big Horn County School District #2 encourages public use of school facilities. The facilities are primarily for education programs and activities; therefore, school facilities and the municipal pool will be available for non-educational use when there are no sanctioned School District #2, Community Education, or Recreation Department events or activities scheduled. High School gymnasium
1. Facilities available for community use include:
Middle School gymnasium
Middle School Commons
Classrooms 2. All outside groups requesting the use of School District #2 facilities and the municipal pool must complete and forward a “Facility Use Request Form” to the Community Education/Recreation Director at least one (1) week prior to the desired activity.
3. All requests are subject to building administrator approval.
4. Big Horn County School District #2 reserves the right to refuse use of facilities to outside groups for good and sufficient cause.
5. Adult supervision must be provided for the entire activity.
6. The person who signs the facility use agreement for the rental group will be considered the responsible party while the group is using the facilities.
7. Each group using the facilities will be charged a refundable cleaning deposit.
8. When applicable, a key may be checked out for access to the facility. The key will be returned immediately following the activity. The person responsible will not lend the key to another person without District approval.
9. Absolutely no alcohol, use of controlled substances, or smoking is allowed on any School District #2 property. This includes, but is not limited to buildings, parking lots, athletic fields or any surrounding areas owned by the School District.
10. All commercial and industrial grade equipment within School District #2 will only be used and operated by certified staff and/or instructors.
Condition for Facility Use
1. All activities will end by 9:00 pm (including clean up) unless prior approval has been obtained from the Community Education/Recreation Director.
2. All food and drinks are allowed only in designated areas. Any refreshments must be approved in advance by the Community Education/Recreation Director.
3. It is understood that an event or an activity may be cancelled if it conflicts with a school district event or activity.
4. The user of the facility assumes full liability for any personal injury, loss or theft, during the scheduled activity.
5. The Community Education/Recreation Director must approve any outside equipment brought into the facility.
6. All groups using the facilities will confine themselves to the area that has been agreed upon for their use.
7. A request for use of additional equipment, such as tables or chairs, shall be part of the original request. The user is responsible for moving such equipment.
8. Adult supervision is mandatory at all functions.
9. All commercial and industrial grade equipment within School District #2 will only be used and operated by certified staff and/or instructors.
Fees and Deposits
1. Officially sanctioned School District #2 groups or organizations. No charge
2. Community Education and Recreation classes or programs. No charge
3. Youth Organizations (Scouts) No Charge
4. Groups: Not-for-profit events or community No Charge
5. Groups: Parties (Birthday, Anniversary, Meetings, etc.) $25 for 2 hours, $10 for each additional hour
6. Groups: For profit events $75 for first hour, $10 for each additional hour
Groups 1-5 will be charged a $25.00 cleaning deposit for all events.
Group 6 will be charged a $100 cleaning deposit.
Any additional district expenses incurred for facilities use must be paid by the requesting group/individual.
Fees for usage and deposit may be waived and/or changed at the Recreation Director discretion.
Cleaning deposits for facility use will be refundable upon inspection by District #2 custodial staff
and/or building administrator. Any additional cleaning or repairs for damage deemed necessary after
Inspection shall be deducted from the deposit, at current custodial wages and replacement costs.
If cleaning or repairs exceed the deposit, any additional costs will be billed to the responsible party.
USE OTHER “FACILITY USE REQUEST FORM” FOR POOL ONLY